Did you know that the swimming pool can be a great place to carry on a conversation with the Lord of the Universe? I've definitely found it to be so of late. I find that I get some of my best prayer times in while swimming laps in the pool. There is just something about being outside, surrounded by blue sky, trees, and the warmth of the sun beating down while I'm enveloped in the coolness of water, and lifting up my soul to the Lord.
Speaking of being in the pool, I was out there today, mostly for prayer and meditation. Every once in a while I would attempt to lay by the side of the pool, but it would be less than 5 minutes later and I'd find myself not only dry, but sweating again. I guess that's what 113 degrees does to you.
As most of my friends know, I'm a game-aholic. Laurel made my afternoon by agreeing to let me teach her cribbage. I haven't played a game in a while...just kind of bolstered my morale :-) She kindly let me win, but barely! I'm looking forward to lots more games this summer....hopefully in many different places. The palm beaches of Florida, the redwood forests of Felton, and the tropical warmth of Hawaii.
No comments:
Post a Comment