Pages

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Week 1 Down, Many More to Go :-)

So, I've finished one week of language school now. It is amazing how much you can learn in a week. Not that I've mastered the French language, by ANY means. But, I feel like I've learned so much in 5 short days (+ the weekend). I can now conjugate at least 5 verbs in the present tense, which is very useful. Also, in French, although the spellings are all different, regular -er verbs are all pronounced the same when conjugated 4 out of 6 possible ways. Isn't that great? (that was for you language nerds out there).

There are now 11 people in my class. . .although one of them only comes one day a week. We've added 2 more americans, an italian girl and another british fellow. Makes for quite a nice mix. Today's discussions were on things we like or dislike, accompanied by the phrases me too, or me neither, etc. There were a few interesting discussions on subjects such as cheese, alcohol, television shows, and politics--not always easy in a 2nd or 3rd language :-)

This weekend I'm going for a bit of an excursion to near-by Grenoble, to visit some friends from California. I'm looking forward to seeing them, and seeing a new place.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Margit, It's so great to hear what's going on! You do such a great job of communicating, you have made it easy to feel involved in this exciting process and to know how to knowledgably be praying for you, the Tama, and Team Chad.