Friday, April 28, 2006
Number 15!
Monday I had a nice normal birth. The woman, a G4P3 came in at 1030, contractions 4-7min apart, and definitely in some discomfort, but very calm, and pleasant. She had been 4cm for the last week, so I wasn't too hopeful, but when I checked her, she was 6cm, so we admitted her. No problems in her prenatal course, but I decided to place a hep lock just in case. Well, her contractions never got much closer together, but they got a bit stronger, and 2 hours later she was 8. She wanted me to AROM her, so I did, and pretty soon she was anterior lip (almost completely dilated). Contractions still 5 min apart, and she started pushing, nice and controlled. Within 15min we had a beautiful baby boy (7# 13oz), and a very elated mother. Dad and the baby's sister were there for the birth. Intact perineum. EBL (estimated blood loss) < 150cc. It was a nice way to end my 8 hour shift.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment