Well, this midwife has meandered away from clinical for a few days. April 6-9th took me to Anacortis, WA, where I joined many good friends in celebrating the wedding of Ben Wright to Kelly Van Deusen. It was a northwest wedding all around, from the celebrated oysters and salmon, to fresh fruit (especially berries), to the rain which came in at 3 o'clock on Saturday, just in time to shower the wedding guests as they arrived at the church. A great time was had by all (I think), and it was an especially great reunion for many of the California entourage. Needless to say, it was hard to say g00d-bye and return to Scottsdale. (Not that I dislike Scottsdale or my friends there.)
When I got back to Scottsdale, I was surprised by a visit from Kristen and James. I was even more surprised the next day when they came home from Sedona, engaged! Good thing we had a party of people waiting to wine and dine with them when they arrived. :-)
I didn't have long at "home" before it was time to pick up Becca from Sky Harbor. What a sweet time we had together. There is definitely a lot to say for a good, long-time friend. Tuesday we drove to Sedona, looking for some beauty and a good hike. We found both, and even made it across Devil's Bridge, without coming too close to falling off the edge :-) (See pictures below.) Of course we also got in a few games of Shanghia rummy. Fun, even though I lost bitterly to Becca, who is triumphing over me even now. Ah well...some day, I'll make my comeback.
And now, its back to clinical. More stories to come, I'm sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment