For most people, the mention of France conjures up images of beautiful green countrysides, old chateaus, small villages, and perhas a bit of romance. All those things are very true. However, the French have an interesting problem on their hands. They take very seriously the saying that dogs are man's best friend, and according to a statistic in 2005, 3 out of 5 families own dogs. That's great, you say. Everyone likes a pet. Until...you realize that a majority of French dog owners are not responsible pet owners. What, you say? In brief...they don't clean up after their dogs after taking them out for their daily walk. Yes, it is true...crotte de chien (dog doo) can be easily, and often not so pleasantly found on pretty much every major walkway in Chambery. Besides being extremely unpleasant, did you know that le crotte de chien is the cause of approximately 1000 (no, I'm not exaggerating) accidents each year in France? Our teacher told us today that in 2005, there were at least 3 deaths that resulted from people slipping in the sticky stuff. (My apologies for the unpleasant imagery).
In other news....hmmm...its raining here. People say spring is just around the corner and it has been a lot warmer lately. Oh, and starting Tuesday I will have a roommate for 2 weeks! A Brazilian classmate will be moving in for the last 2 weeks of her sejour en France, and I'm excited to have her. I'm really hoping she'll cook me some Brazilian food. :-) After that, I will have just under 2 weeks alone again, and then, Lord willing, Julie will be arriving to stay! Thanks to all of you who have been praying for this!
2 comments:
i want you to know that the night after i read this, i dreamed about it. i was running away from someone (don't remember who) and we had to be very careful to not step in doggie doo doo. isn't that funny! i woke up and remembered your blog :-)!
Doro, that's so funny! I hope it wasn't a nightmare!
Post a Comment