Pages

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Great is His Faithfulness

In case any of us were tempted to believe that Satan is winning in Chad, here is one pastor's experience during the coup of Feb 2-3.

He testifies: “The events that my country recently experienced have led me to develop even more my prayer life and to be more faithful in the reading of the Word. I don’t exaggerate when I say that I have never prayed so much. The Lord showed me that I shouldn’t leave N’djamena, but that I should follow the example of Abraham when he interceded for Sodom and Gomorrah, and so I did, and my city was liberated. He clearly told me that if there were only 10 people praying for N’Djamena, He wouldn’t destroy the city. I asked Him to deviate the trajectory of bullets so that lives would be saved, and that happened. Although all communications with the outside world were cut off, the Lord miraculously allowed me to contact other pastors thanks to a Cameroonian cell phone network sim card. All these pastors told me that they were spared despite the intensity of the attacks.”

The building for the Chadian radio/tv station was entirely destroyed, but the neighboring building of the Good News Church miraculously rests intact. The attacks completely ravaged the N’Djamena market, sparing however the building of the EET church of Pastor Bako, situated 100 meters away, a church of 1500 members. “A great number of Christians were protected. The Holy Spirit warned Christian families so that they evacuated the zones of fighting. Thank you Lord!”

(taken and translated from Portes Ouvertes Fil Rouge)

No comments: