Pages

Thursday, January 03, 2008

All I want for Christmas is YOU!


That's what Annemarie and I decided this year, and our wish was answered! Thanks to the generous gift of my parents, Annemarie got to spend 12 days with me before and during Christmas! She arrived in Geneva, where Sue, Charla, Julie and I picked her up on our way to Strasboug for a weekend of Christmas atmosphere and markets. Strasbourg is famous for its many Christmas markets (we must have seen at least 7, each with a slightly different theme) and festively lit streets. Once there we met up with Martin, and enjoyed wandering through the old streets and busy markets, tasting some of the regional specialities like tarte flambee and vin chaud. Saturday evening we even took in a Christmas concert put on a by children's choir that sang in French, German, Spanish and English! On our way home we drove through Germany and had a fun lunch in a small German town at the corner of Switzerland, France and Germany.

Back in Chambery there were a lot of Christmas festivities planned...we had a Christmas carol sing, graduation and the school Christmas party, David's birthday party, and then of course Christmas eve and Christmas day. In the midst of all that, we found time to go play in the snow with the rest of my team, wandered around Annecy with Karen, and went on a couple long walks together. Perhaps our favorite time was the hike up to la croix de la coche. We meandered down country roads, across fields, explored an old barn, talked a lot, and eventually made it to our destination.

Karen, Annemarie and I next to one of the canals in Annecy. Annecy is considered the Venice of France because of all the waterways.
Christmas morning we spent with Charla, Sue and Julie. We had a great brunch together, then opened the gifts that our families had sent before cooking up some delicious food for Christmas dinner with our other friends over at the Kimmons.

3 comments:

Martha said...

That looks like so much fun, Margot!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas. I have to confess as I get to know all of you through your blogs, I am beginning to feel like a BIOLA grad! :)

Susan Sanders said...

Margit, the pictures are wonderful. I'm so glad Annemarie got to come be with you! Sounds like you had a great time.

Jodi said...

I love seeing pictures of you and Annemarie. I have to confess that my most vivid memory of her is being at your house, doing our homework after dinner, and poor Annemarie spent (it seemed like) all evening procrastinating over the dirty dishes! Looks like she's grown up considerably since then. :)