In other news, we’re getting ready for our move to G-town. That means packing and sorting and buying supplies. Since I’ve never had to set up a house here before (I’ve always lived in furnished places, I’ve been buying things like dishes, mats for the floor, buckets and basins, and a little “camp stove.” Still on the list: a kerosene lantern to light the night until I get my solar system set up, a cot for sleeping outside when its hot, and maybe a throw rug.
I’m also taking a few essential food items with me that I won’t be able to get there (in no particular order): a couple cans of Pringles, lentils, olive oil, soy sauce, speculos cookies I found last time I was in the capital, and about 5 pounds of homemade granola (since I can’t buy oats there and most likely won’t have an oven to cook it in anyway).
Finally, last night we had a Fall party. The season has definitely changed here, from humid, rainy and not so hot, to hotter and dryer. No leaves changing nor falling to the ground creating crackling piles to wade through, and so we decided we needed to create a little Fall atmosphere, complete with our own golden colors of autumn, courtesy of Ben and Hannah.
No comments:
Post a Comment