I’m sorry to have been so silent over the last few weeks. I have been without internet…it is in the process of being activated even as I type, but, I’m not holding my breath, since things tend to take much longer that I think they will in this country.
In the course of my silence, much has happened. I moved to a new apartment and have been busy setting up house. I learned of 3 friends’ engagements, and another who is pregnant. School has started back up again, and once again I have been placed in a challenging class that more than keeps me on my toes. Winter has come to everywhere but the Alps it seems, as my Californian friends report below-freezing temperatures and Malibu got snow, but in Chambery it was 15 C last week (near 60F or so)! But, this week, at long last, winter has come to Chambery. In the last 24 hours we have gotten a good 2-3 (or maybe more?) inches of snow, and the excitement of snow is in the air. You should have heard the screams yesterday at school when it started to fall and a few of the students who had never seen snow fall ran outside to drink it all in. I myself can’t stop smiling when I walk through the snow, and I can’t help but stare in awe at the snow-covered balconies, branches, and hillsides. This is a far cry from the desert I will be living in next year, Lord willing. It may get old in a few days, but for now, the novelty of a truly winterous landscape has me once again praising God for the beauty that surrounds me.
In the course of my silence, much has happened. I moved to a new apartment and have been busy setting up house. I learned of 3 friends’ engagements, and another who is pregnant. School has started back up again, and once again I have been placed in a challenging class that more than keeps me on my toes. Winter has come to everywhere but the Alps it seems, as my Californian friends report below-freezing temperatures and Malibu got snow, but in Chambery it was 15 C last week (near 60F or so)! But, this week, at long last, winter has come to Chambery. In the last 24 hours we have gotten a good 2-3 (or maybe more?) inches of snow, and the excitement of snow is in the air. You should have heard the screams yesterday at school when it started to fall and a few of the students who had never seen snow fall ran outside to drink it all in. I myself can’t stop smiling when I walk through the snow, and I can’t help but stare in awe at the snow-covered balconies, branches, and hillsides. This is a far cry from the desert I will be living in next year, Lord willing. It may get old in a few days, but for now, the novelty of a truly winterous landscape has me once again praising God for the beauty that surrounds me.
The Chateau (castle) where we have classes every day
The view from one of my windows. Bad lighting, but you can kind of see the village on the hillside.
The little park outside the apartment building I live in.
1 comment:
wow! it's so pretty! miss you.
Post a Comment