Janna came to visit this last week. It was so fun, and sometimes unreal, to have her here. Talk about when 2 worlds collide! (in a good way of course). Her first night we enjoyed dinner with my former host family, Laurent & Letizia, and the poor girl valiantly followed our French conversation on ust a few hours of sleep. Wednesday Janna got to explore the Chateau and the rose garden behind it. That evening Julie, Janna and I enjoyed some Raclette and topped it off with ice cream courtesy of Dr. Reynolds and the Torrey program (the perks of being Torrey alum). Thursday we took off to Lac de Aiguebellette for a hike in the great outdoors. Friday we enjoyed some time with David & Jenn Costillo who stopped by for lunch in their travels through France. We had a great time...Some people just really know how to be a blessing!
Saying good-bye to Janna was all the harder of course. Why can't she just stay? Come with me to Chad? I guess Nate might object to that, although I've told him he can come too. :-) I'll just have to keep praying and keep working on the recruiting tactics! :-)
Well, here's a few pictures to make you all start planning your trips to visit!

Enjoying the garden behind Ifalpes

Raclette a la Savoyard

Hiking above Lac Aiguebellette

Janna in the bullrushes
1 comment:
dearest margarita, it looks like you had a lot of fun! i'm so very glad!
Post a Comment